Saturday, June 28, 2008

West Michigan Whitecaps' Star Wars Night

I've been working feverishly to get my R2 "done" enough looking to take him to a Rebel Legion/501st event for the first time. R2's first event was a charity event for the Make a Wish foundation held at the West Michigan Whitecaps Baseball team's Star Wars Night tonight, June 28, 2008.

It was so fun seeing all the kids' reactions when they saw R2. One little boy, sitting on his father's shoulders nearly fell off when he saw R2 he was that excited! He kept shouting "IT'S R2-D2! IT'S R2-D2!!!".

I didn't get many pictures, since it's hard to "troop" and snap pictures at the same time, but here's one of my favorites:

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange) and Jacen Deneb (Jason Orange)
R2-D2

I'll post more on my progress to this point later, but for now I need to flop on the couch! It was a fun but exhausting day!