Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Foot Cable Progress

I had a Rebel Legion event on March 21st that I wanted to take my R2-D2 to. I desperately wanted to get the foot strips made and put on my R2's feet before the event, but we kept running into problems. So, I decided I'd at least like to put the cables on, temporarily, for the event without the foot strips. I glued the cables into the knurled fittings coming from the battery boxes but the part of the cable that belongs in the feet would be temporarily stuck into the knurled fittings (which I will remove later when I'm ready to permanently attach the foot strips). With my husband's help, I got the holes drilled into R2's outer feet.