Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whitecaps

I realized as I was going to post about CV, that I never posted about The West Michigan Whitecaps Star Wars night on July 24th, 2010. The theme this year was Boba Fett in honor of the 30th anniversary of "The Empire Strikes Back" (ESB). Next year, Brent (the man who usually coordinates this event for the 501st and Rebel Legions) promised me that we will have a R2-D2 them!! :)

Here are the pictures I got:



Group picture (borrowed from Zod) :

Jason & I with R2-D2 at our "duty station", the Rancor/Han in Carbonite photo booth (picture also borrowed from Zod) :


My R2-D2 stationed in the Rancor/Han in Carbonite photo booth:

The Whitecaps concessions are always "changed" to Star Wars characters to fit the theme for the night. The Dippin Dots were changed to R2-D2 Dots:


Lou (from the 501st) using artists pastels to create the night's logo on the sidewalk at the main entrance. Lou did a great job, and he wasn't deterred by the threat of rain (which thankfully held off!) :


The Rancor/Han in Carbonite photo booth:



Lou's art, in progress:


My "brother" Luke (aka Chris Blackstock) posing with the Rancor (this time Luke has his saber!) :